Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Lots of my Video interviews and more
can be seen on the Burning Flags Press
Vimeo page


https://vimeo.com/burningflags







From the Paradigm Magazine "Rear Window" series of interviews by Theo Constantinou, filmed by Eric Ashleigh, in January 2012 on a freezing day walking around New York City's East Village.

Theo's introduction:

There was this book I had seen when I was in high school called Fuck You Heroes, by Glen E. Friedman. That book and those memories, prior to Google images and blogs, was where I saw every iconic punk and skate image that shaped my 15 year old mind, ethos and approach to skateboarding. I knew before I wrote my interview with Glen that I could gear the questions primarily towards his photographs, and we could talk for hours about those images and their impact on not only myself, but the other like minded punks I knew over a decade ago. What I was thinking about while writing this interview with Glen, is the same thing I think about when I write each of my interviews now; how can I push the scope of what Glen will talk to me about if I ask him something that will alter not only the way I think of something, but maybe inspire, like Glen’s photographs, some 15 year old kid’s perspective from my interview with him. For me, that is exactly what happened: an altered perspective and a motto to remember everyday while trying to achieve one’s goals. “And that’s just all there is to it. Don’t care about what other people think about what you’re doing, if you’re inspired to do something, if you want to do something, if you have some kind of feeling that you should do something … then you should just do it; don’t let what other people’s preconceived ideas of good behavior, or whatever it is, limit you to thinking what you should and shouldn’t do.” If you are inspired to do something, do it. Don’t make excuses for yourself or let someone else tell you your inspiration is no good. Glen taught me a lot that day and continues to inspire, I hope this video does the same for you.



Paradigm Magazine:

http://paradigmmagazine.com



Paradigm Magazine's You Tube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/ParadigmMagazine?feature=watch

No comments:

Post a Comment