Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Honey Drippers "Impeach the President" (Alaga, 1973)
via Jonathan Toubin's NY Night Train Party Platter

In the last year or so, when i have to leave town I post some cool songs each day, to make life easier on the road, by one of my favorite DJ's ever Jonathan Toubin. So while I am on a whirlwind Euro visit to solidify some exhibitions for 2018/19, I will start you off here with the platters and descriptions via Jonathan. Thanks for staying tuned.



Tonight, after a long day of consuming political theater, I turn this summer's theme song as I take over Questlove's Bowl Train at Brooklyn Bowl... I finally picked up Roy C and the Honey Drippers' much-sampled Nixon-era classic "Impeach the President" from thee immortal Todd-O-Phonic Todd at WFMU Record Fair and its going keep spinning round and round all summer long until I don't need to play it anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment