Saturday, August 8, 2009

This shit is really making me sick to my stomach

from the NYTimes.com:
Beyond Beltway, Health Debate Turns Hostile

The bitter divisions over an overhaul of the health care system have exploded at town-hall-style meetings over the last few days as members of Congress have been shouted down, hanged in effigy and taunted by crowds. In several cities, noisy demonstrations have led to fistfights, arrests and hospitalizations.

Democrats have said the protesters are being organized by conservative lobbying groups like FreedomWorks. Republicans respond that the protests are an organic response to the Obama administration’s health care restructuring proposals.

There is no dispute, however, that most of the shouting and mocking is from opponents of those plans. Many of those opponents have been encouraged to attend by conservative commentators and Web sites.

“Become a part of the mob!” said a banner posted Friday on the Web site of the talk show host Sean Hannity. “Attend an Obama Care Townhall near you!” The exhortations do not advocate violence, but some urge opponents to be disruptive.

“Pack the hall,” said a strategy memo circulated by the Web site Tea Party Patriots that instructed, “Yell out and challenge the Rep’s statements early.”

“Get him off his prepared script and agenda,” the memo continued. “Stand up and shout and sit right back down.”

Read the whole piece here if you really want to get riled up. It's like when ignorance, and hatred with organization stole the election when they stormed the recounts in Florida. Might will win this fight too. It's a fucking sad day in amerikkka when pure ignorance and greed continues to rule. FIGHT BACK THESE DIMWITS!

4 comments:

  1. In the vain of health, you might want to check out the new documentary about the bottled water industry titled, "Tapped". I can't find it anywhere near me, so I'm hoping for a quick DVD release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for addressing this. Why isn't anyone fighting back? I think people are too complacent or maybe just too tired to politics to get involved but this is my great aunt's life we're talking about. This is about our neighbors, our friends, and our family members. The people who need health care most are probably the tea-baggers who don't even understand that if you don't have healthcare, you're stuck under the control of the insurance companies and can be charged hundreds or thousands of dollars for something that could cost $15. Why don't they get it? What can we do to educate these people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, hate to sound so ignorant, but I'm just getting into photography and I haven't really had the chance to check out many people's work. It's amazing for me to see such powerful shots of the bands I grew up listening to. I was wondering what camera(s) you used for the fish-eye shots. I also love the kodachrome photos but I am yet to work with color film.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mob rules!

    I'm packin' my bug out bag and keepin' it close. these folks scare me. when they yell 'we're scared of obama' i wanna yell back 'i'm scared of YOU! (and sarah palindrome)'

    ReplyDelete